Frequently Asked Questions
1. What will the short films be judged on?
Ten (10) entries will be short listed by the panel of jury from the region for the Award Ceremony based on the following criteria:
a. The film should appeal to a wide demographic of viewers
b. The film should be engaging and compelling
c. The film should make use of creative film making techniques
d. The film should feature original storytelling
e. The film should highlight the director’s ability and potential for future films
2. Can I submit my entry forms in other languages?
No. All entry forms need to be in English.
3. Must my short film be in English?
No. Your short film can be in any language. But it must have both English and Traditional Chinese subtitles.
4. Must my short film be subtitled in both English and Traditional Chinese?
Yes. The submitted entry must be subtitled in BOTH English and Traditional Chinese.
5. What is the exact deadline for submission?
All applications must be submitted by 19 September 2016, 1159pm.
6. Can non-Singaporeans take part in this Competition?
Only Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents as at 9 June 2016 may take part in this Competition.
7. How old must I be to take part in this competition?
The Competition is only opened to applications 18 years old and above. You need to be at least 18 years of age as of 9 June 2016 take part in this Competition.
8. Can an applicant submit more than one (1) entry?
Yes, an applicant can submit more than 1 entry. Each entry needs a fully completed application form and a fresh new short film.
9. Can my entry be uploaded to YouTube for public viewing?
No. The YouTube link needs to be unlisted, i.e. only people with the link can view the film. Public YouTube videos will be disqualified.
Video links may only be made public 3 weeks after the Awards Ceremony or any date decided by the Organisers except for the Top 20 films.
10. Who can I contact with further queries?
For any further queries or clarifications, please send us an email at