Letter of Undertaking
** Please read the Letter of Undertaking before proceeding with registration
We thank you for your interest in participating in the mm2 Movie Makers Awards 2016 organised by mm2 Entertainment Pte Ltd, Cathay Organisation and FOX Networks Group, presented by Canon. The Judges include media professionals Jack Neo, Eric Khoo, Fruit Chan Kuo, Ho Yuhang and Ye Jufeng. All of the above shall be collectively known as the Organisers.
In submitting any materials/ideas/concepts for the competition, we ask that you specifically acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. Nothing therein is, or is required or expected to be, treated by the Organisers as confidential or proprietary (except to the extent such material may be protected by copyright or trademark law).
The Organisers are not asking you to waive any copyright or trademark rights available to you by law. However, Organisers’ receipt and review of your idea/material does not mean that the underlying concept, or any other materials you submitted, is unique or original.
The Organisers may have previously created or may in the future independently create something that is substantially similar or identical to your idea/material, with no liability or obligation to you.
As a result, please do not submit any materials until we are released from all responsibilities and claims that could be made as a result of our review for this competition.
2. Any review or consideration of your idea/material is at Organisers’ absolute discretion, and do not constitute or imply any obligation on Organisers to accept your submission or compensate you in any way.
3. You will irrevocably release the Organisers of all responsibilities for any lost tapes or other materials you submitted, and the Organisers have no obligation to return any materials to you.
4. Because the material contained in your proposal is neither confidential nor proprietary, the Organisers are free to use any such material (except to the extent protected by copyright or trademark law) without obligation or liability to you of any sort. To the extent that Organisers may contact you in the future, you agree that you will not disclose to the Organisers any non-public, confidential, or proprietary information, and any information that you do disclose to Organisers may be used by Organisers without obligation or liability to you of any sort (except to the extent that such material may be protected by copyright or trademark law).
It is your sole responsibility to secure authorisation and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted content.
The Organisers expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any unauthorised inclusion of any copyrighted content or materials within or relating to the submitted Content, including any content or materials that are or may become the basis for any third party claims for copyright infringement.
The Organisers reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected, if any, from you, any Content with any unauthorised inclusion of copyrighted content or materials. In the event that any claim, dispute, action, or proceeding shall be brought or asserted by any person or entity that alleges that the Content makes unauthorised or unlawful use of any copyrighted content or material. You shall fully indemnify and defend the Organisers and each of their representatives and affiliates from any liability in connection therewith and from any fees and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees that any of them may incur in connection therewith.
5. The Organisers is under no obligation to provide to the You or any other representative of the Content any comments or feedback regarding the submitted Content, any information relating to the manner in which the Content
is, will be, or was reviewed; any views that the Organisers or any reviewers may hold concerning the Content; any reasons why the Content, should it not be accepted for review, consideration and/or selection process regarding the Content specifically or submissions generally beyond the information set forth in these Rules and Regulations.
The Organisers disavow any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible or liable for, the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding any Content that are or may be obtained by You or any other representative of the Content; any communications by any representative of the Organisers relating to the Content selection process; the manner in which the Content shall be, is or was considered and reviewed; the identity or identities of any specificreviewers of the Content; and/or any failure on the part of the Organisers toprovide You or any other representative(s) of the Content with information concerning the Organisers’ consideration and/or review of the Content.