Terms & Conditions
mm2 Movie Makers Awards 2016 ("the competition") is organised by mm2 Entertainment Pte Ltd, Cathay Organisation and FOX Networks Group ("the Organiser")
The Organiser holds the final say in all disputes and may at any time require that a finalist or winner, of any cash or prize award, that failed to comply with requirements set forth above throughout the applicable competition forfeit and/or repay any such award. Guidelines and rules for the competitions are subjected to change at any time within the scope of mm2 Movie Makers Awards 2016.
The film's director must:
1. Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, who is at least 18-years-old as of 9 Jun 2016
2. Not have directed a full-length feature film
3. The short film must not have been released in commercial theatres or film festivals
The competition begins on 9 June 2016 and ends 19th September 2016. All entries submitted after 19th September 2016, 11.59pm will not be considered for the competition.
1. Participants are to register their applications via the online form
2. An email confirmation with submission instructions will be sent to you.
3. Participants are to register before submitting thier video, any submission without a coresponding registration will be disqualified.
4. Participants are to submit their film through a unlisted Youtube video link (The format of the Youtube video title should be "[YOUR FILM TITLE] - Movie Makers 2016")
Only entries with complete and accurate information will be eligible for entry in the Competition. Registrations with incomplete or invalid details will be disqualified.
The Organiser is not responsible for misdirected, unprocessed or late registrations.
Please ensure your Youtube link is unlisted. i.e. only people with the link can view the film. Public Youtube videos will be disqualified.
Video links may only be made available to the public 3 weeeks after the Awards Ceremony or any date decided by the Organisers, except for the Top 20 finalists.
The participant understands and agrees that by submitting his/her entry to the Organiser, he has grant a cost-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and non-exclusive licence to the Organiser to reproduce, publish, publicly perform, communicate to the public, adapt, and use the contents of the submission, including any picture(s) and or original musical score contained within the short film(s) submitted for the Competition, in any way whatsoever, whether in whole or in part, for marketing purposes, on any media platform. The copyright of the works will remain with the filmmakers.
Submitted films are to fulfil the following requirements:
Not be longer than 10 minutes (including opening and closing credits)
Not have been publically screened at other competitions previously
Has not been, and will not be available for viewing by the public until 3 weeks after the conclusion of the Competition's Awards Ceremony("Awards Ceremony")
Not use any copyrighted music, video or images. If the entries use copyrighted music, video or images under license or with permission, these must be clearly stated.
Be subtitled in both English and Traditional Chinese
Judging of the Films
(20) Films will be shortlisted by the Organisers and thereafter (10) Films will be selected by our panel of Jury ("the Jury") as finalists of the Competition.
The Organisers will contact the finalist 2 weeks before the Awards Ceremony or earlier if the Film has been shortlisted
Shortlisted films are required to submit an editable, high-resolution version of the film in the following format, date to be advised by the Organisers: